Updated: August 26, 2022
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information from our merchant customers:
- Contact information such as: Name, birth date, E-mail address, phone number and postal address for the purposes of responding to your inquiries or requests, communicating with you, and verifying your identity;
- Corporate information such as: role, financial information and banking information, billing address, authorized representatives, and/or other information obtained from references;
- Additional information and/or documents we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself;
- Information from your merchant accounts, banking accounts, and transactions such as, balances… ;
- Other supplemental financial information from external sources such as partners, service providers, financial institutions, bank partners and identity verification services.
- Information necessary to process payment for products or services that you have purchased from us, merchant customer information in connection to the services requested and may include, name, banking information, postal address, email address;
- IP address, Internet Service Provider, location, browser type and version, device type, operating system;
We may also collect information about you:
- when you communicate with us in person or by phone during the application and onboarding process;
- through online interactions via www.Kapital.solutions.com (“Website”), our email communications, and our online ads. We may collect this information for the purposes (i) tailoring the content that we may send or show you, (ii) to authenticate you and enable you to access your account with us, (iii) to administer the Site, (iv) for analytical purposes so to better understand the use of our site and how you interact with us. Please see the section Cookies and Website Data below for more information.
Why We Collect, Use or Disclose Personal Information?
As a part of our business operations, we routinely collect, use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose of providing payment products and services to our customers and for which appropriate consents have been obtained, or for lawful purposes and includes but is not limited to:
- to establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you, our partners and your financial institution(s) regarding the services we provide you with;
- to provide you with the products, solutions and services you have requested including issuing invoices, administering accounts, collecting and processing payment information, reconciliation and accounting, evaluate credit standing, and fulfil contractual obligations;
- to provide services or solutions on behalf of our merchant client through our partners;
- to respond to customer inquiries and communicate with you and other individuals when providing our services, evaluating customer service and satisfaction and to safeguard your interests;
- for reporting purposes and for security measures under applicable rules and/or regulations regarding credit cards, debit cards, Automated clearing house (ACH) transactions, Electronic Funds Transactions (EFT);
- to detect, investigate and protect potentially fraudulent, questionable or illegal activities regarding your merchant account(s) and/or the use of our services;
- to develop and manage our business operations, document management systems, accounting systems and databases;
- to offer you additional products, services and solutions we believe you might be interested in;
- to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
Is my information shared or disclosed? Kapital is not in the business of selling your personal information. There are however certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties without further notice to you. Kapital may share personal information with third parties engaged to assist us in providing services and information to our customers and to individual consumers. In addition, we may engage third parties to assist us with infrastructure maintenance and support.
Can my information be shared outside of Canada? In providing the Services, maintenance and support mentioned above, your personal information may be stored, accessed, or used in a country outside of Canada such as the United States by Kapital, its partners, service providers and financial institutions of both merchant and merchant’s customer for any of the purposes outlined above. Personal information processed outside of Canada is subject to the laws of that country’s jurisdiction, which may differ from your jurisdiction. Any personal information transferred to another jurisdiction will be subject to law enforcement and national security authorities in that jurisdiction. By providing Kapital with your personal information, you are consenting to cross-border transfers and Kapital will use all reasonable measures to safeguard your personal information that meet Canadian Standards.
Minors under the age of 13:
Kapital does not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Kapital through the Services, please contact us, and we will delete that information from our databases.
Cookies and Website Data
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are required for the operation of our website such as allowing you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our Website and so we may customize your online experience, for example, by remembering you choice of language or region.
- Analytical cookies: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on our Website, for example, the search terms, time spent on the website which will be used for our statistics. You may opt-out from Google Analytics through the opt-out browser.
- You can choose not to accept cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you choose to not accept cookies, some areas of our Website many not function as intended or optimally.
On-line Communications: In order to provide our Website visitors with information or requested services, visitors may voluntarily submit personal information to us for receiving a publication, reading a blog post, participating in surveys or asking a question. We use the personal information you provide only for the purpose for which you have provided it.
E-mail communications: We may send e-mail communications to our merchant or to individuals in our contact database regarding important information related to their accounts, services and/or products or promotional emails. Each promotional email includes an opt-out feature and instructions on how to unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive future e-mail from Kapital for promotional purposes.
We take the responsibility to protect the security and privacy of your personal information seriously. Kapital takes commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration by using controls and measures that include physical secure facilities, encryption, secured networks and servers, password protection, vulnerability scans, firewalls, intrusion detections, defense monitoring and other standard security practices and technologies.
We test, review, and update our security practices periodically to improve and enhance our security systems.
We co-operate, to the full extent of our ability and to the extent permitted by law, with law enforcement officials to identify and prevent fraud.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Kapital retains your personal information in our database for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Access to information and Inquiries
To keep your personal information accurate, current and complete, please contact your Kapital representative so that we may update or correct your personal information previously submitted.
Kapital Privacy Office
510, Decarie Boulevard
Saint-Laurent, Quebec, H4L 3K9
E-mail: privacy @ kapitalinc . com